The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing.

~~~ Albert Einstein



Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Kristen Anne LaBrie

Kristen Anne LaBrie's son is autistic and had been in remission from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, his chances of survival was between 85 percent to 90 percent. Until LaBrie decided to deny her child the very medication that kept his chances so high. Now, police say that 8 year old Jeremy Fraser has a 10 percent chance of surviving, and his 'mother' is being charged with reckless child endangerment. Personally, I believe she should be charged with attempted homicide, and if this poor child does die- then up the charges to murder.

According to a police report, Fraser was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in 2006 and underwent a five-phase regimen of chemotherapy, including drugs that were supposed to be given to him at his house by his mother.

Police said LaBrie canceled at least a dozen appointments for chemotherapy treatments. MacDougall also said LaBrie did not fill at least half of the prescriptions her son was given.

In March, Dr. Alison Friedmann, the child's oncologist at Massachusetts General Hospital, filed a report of suspected neglect with the Department of Social Services after discovering Fraser's cancer had returned, something that should not have happened if he was on his medications.

Sometimes, I reach a point where I begin to wonder just how it is that some people can be blessed with having a child, only to end up destroying them- when there are so many people out there that would be wonderful loving parents, and yet are unable to have children.