The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing.

~~~ Albert Einstein



Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Jury Duty

Jury duty... it's like that piece of candy a kid really really wants, but just isn't able to reach.

I've been a registered voter for 12 years, I've got an aunt whose been a registered voter for 40+ years. Neither of us have ever made it to jury duty, and I'm not talking about just being selected- we haven't even been asked to come in an attempt to be selected.

Just pisses me off.

I know of someone who was DEAD for 3 years, who was summonsed to appear... but me? Notta. Nothing. Never.

Pisses me off.

I used to think it was just luck of the draw, and I just didn't have any luck when it came to getting called... but now I'm thinking differently.

I think someone is clearly avoiding calling me for jury duty. And that is backed up by the following statement someone made to be about it today:

"The problem is, everyone already knows you have opinions on everything.. and you're too stubborn to listen to anyone else's thoughts."

It's a freaking conspiracy I tell you, cause I called and offered to be on this jury- and they gave some excuse as to how that's not how they did things, couldn't volunteer blah blah...

Jury selection began yesterday in Allen County Common Pleas Court in the case against Terry W. Hupp, 51. Judge Richard Warren continued jury selection to this morning and ordered Allen County Sheriff’s deputies to personally serve 12 prospective jurors after there were no more prospective jurors in the courtroom Monday afternoon.



Twelve people — seven women and five men — were sitting on the panel when Warren ended Monday’s proceedings.



This morning the judge ordered deputies to find eight additional prospective jurors. The new request comes after six of the new prospective jurors were dismissed because they were served with summons in the Allen County Courthouse. Defense attorney Kenneth Rexford objected to those potential jurors.


They looked in the court house for jurors? I've been jumping up and down offering to be one for YEARS... and they'd pick any old criminal walking around the court house over me???

Freaking conspiracy I tell you.... like I can't say "guilty" as well as the next person.