The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing.

~~~ Albert Einstein



Monday, August 06, 2007

Links of Interest...

I started post to share with you, but was then distracted by a series of news reports which prevented me from finishing it. I suppose I'll work on it later on, but for now I figured I'd at least offer to share the stories that stole my time:

Oklahoma Police Kill 5-Year Old Boy While Shooting at Snake
- this one was a heart breaker. A little boy, out fishing with his grandfather, shot by a stray bullet fired from the gun of a police officer.

Massachusetts Homeless Man Charged With Taking Girl, Killing Her 20 year old Ryan Bois broke into a home where a 7 year old girl was spending the night, kidnapped her and at some point killed her. Police found her body in the back of his car after pulling him over for reckless driving. (Worth mentioning information" My Life Of Crime is all over this one, click here for updates!)


3 killed execution style behind school
Senseless murders of 3 young people, with a forth one in fair condition at Newark's University Hospital.

Course helps churches handle offenders
- seriously, if the fact that there are LAWS that condemn sexually assaulting a child doesn't stop some sicko from doing it... do you really believe that having them sign a piece of paper is going to make a big difference?

Arkansas couple welcome their 17th child
- I'm sorry, I know most people are nicer about this, but honestly... tell me how you manage to give 17 children individualized attention everyday? Where's the chance to give these kids the quality time they deserve? I just don't think it's fair to penalize these children just because someone failed to mention birth control to you. I know, I know... they WANTED these kids... but let's face it- if they spend an hour of quality time a say with each child... they'd only have 7 hours to sleep, work, eat and do whatever it is married people are suppose to do. These kids are being robbed.