The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing.

~~~ Albert Einstein



Wednesday, February 01, 2006

WTW- The Yates Case

At first, I thought that today must be April 1st rather than February 1st, because what I was reading just had to be some sort of sick prank. But then, a quick look at the calendar, and I realised, no matter how sick it was- it wasn't a prank.
A judge set a $200,000 bond Wednesday for Andrea Yates to leave jail for a state mental hospital, where she will await a new trial on murder charges in the drowning deaths of her five children.
State District Judge Belinda Hill told Yates, 41, she could not order her to commit herself to the hospital but set the bond based on Yates remaining at the facility until her March 20 trial.
Hum, so we are suppose to just trust her to commit herself to a mental hospital? Sort of like how we trust mothers not to murder their children?
I don't get why she has bail at all. I mean, really we all know she did it. I know, I must might get some response from those silly people who accept that this was postpartum depression and not just some evil woman who should have been sterilized at birth heinously murdering her innocent children- but guess what? I don't care. It's not that I don't think women are effected after giving birth, I just don't buy it as a excuse to kill your kids.
So Murderous Yates gets my nomination for White Trash Wednesday.

This is filed under: And because it is Wednesday, and this sorry excuse for a woman certainly fit the WTW guidelines: