The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing.

~~~ Albert Einstein



Friday, July 01, 2005

The State Of Lima

I found this website while browsing today. http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/maps/sandiego2000/Murray.pdf#search= . The whole page is full of lots of information on Lima, Violent Crime rate, police information, housing, population, just a whole lot of info. The only bad part of the site is that it is PDF format. I should explain I HATE PDF format. It loads slowly, is hard to copy and paste from and the images are not extractible. I have to do a screen shot and save from there in order to "borrow" their images. But if you have time to kill, its interesting enought to look at once or twice. Gives a little shot of Lima that puts it into prospective for ya. I am wondering if after seeing it Berger would still be proud of our little hell hole. I am sure he would. After all, the city looks nice from inside the windows of his nice big fancy house with the locks on the door. But hey, that's why I don't live in the city. Well that and because Tim has this issue with living in Lima. Okay, so we both have the same issue. But I am ALLOWED to have it- I spent more of my life living in the city than he did.


State of Lima

Anonymous said...

I happen to love Lima.
I moved away at the age of 19 and CAME BACK years later.
Lima doens't have any more problems than any other town it's size (although I'd be happy to have a new mayor, Berger drives me crazy). It's a lot easier to seek out the bad than the good.

As for your comments on Bergers "big fancy house", I live in the same neighboorhood and is house isnt all that big and fancy.

lostinlimaohio said...

Bergers "big fancy house" was meant only as a cocky discription...