The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing.

~~~ Albert Einstein



Monday, July 04, 2005

Searching for Dylan

"The man with Shasta, Joseph Edward Duncan III, was arrested and charged with kidnapping, but he has requested a lawyer and is refusing to talk to authorities, Kootenai County Sheriff's Capt. Ben Wolfinger said Sunday.
Duncan won't be appointed a public defender until a court hearing Tuesday, Wolfinger said
" Source Yahoo News

So say Yahoo news in a a recent report. OKAY- so here we have a convicted sex offeneder, three dead people, a young girl and her brother missing for six weeks, when the young girl turns up with the Sex Offender. I am all for the right to request a lawyer- however in this case I believe the police should be allowed to start shooting off body parts until he either agrees to answer some questions or dies.

One of the last blog entries he made in May of this year reads like this:

I was in prison for over 18 years, since the age of 17. As an adult all I knew was the oppression of incarceration. All those years I dreamed of getting out...And getting even. Instead, I got out and I got even, but did not get caught. So, I got even again, and again did not get caught. So, I figured, well, I got even twice (actually more, but that's here nor there), even if I'm the only one who knows, so now what? Well that was when the "Happy Joe" dream started. I met a bunch of really great people, the kind of people I didn't even know existed, but here they were, bunches of them, my neighbors, my landlords, my professors, my coworkers, and they were all good people, who were willing to give me a chance despite my past. They were willing to accept me and be my friend, something that was new for me, having been betrayed by many "friends" and even my own family.
Source here

I can not get over the sickness this man possesses. On another entry he states
"As long as we keep attacking the symptoms of social disease--the so called offenders--then our problems will keep getting worse. Some day (soon I hope) society will be forced to "wake up" and recognize how it propagates its own misery by denying the truth that criminals are victims too." I certainly would not ever put a man of his character in a class with the victims of his crimes. Criminals are not victims they are the ones victimizing innocent people. He should be less into self pity and more into realizing what a sick person he is. It is not the fault of society that he can not live a normal life; that he must be monitored and must register as a sex offender- it is due to his own perverse actions.

On another post he has this to say:"I'm surprised you did not recognize my first question as bait. So, now I must ask, if the police can not knock on peoples doors to make sure they are complying with the law, then what do you call the quarterly sex offender checks, even for offenders not on any type of supervision (done with their sentences)? Also, do you check all offenders, or just level threes?" My answer would be to make these perverts aware that they are being monitored, although I believe that a safer and better solution would be to lock them up until the end of time. And three levels of offenders- no that is not enough. But because the government still values the rights of a sex offender- it is the best they are willing to do to protect the safety of those who must live in the presence of these animals. Maybe, with the spotlight on this sick people our government will begin to value the rights of the innocent to be protected from these monsters more than the rights of the monsters.

The search for Dylan continues- while this man who during his "freedom" had so much to say has gone silent. Isn't it easy for him now to be at a loss for words? Can he not find a way to defend himself with all the practice he has had on his blog? The true sad part of this story is that a little girl has endured what many could never imagine, and while the sex offender that committed only God knows what gets to sit in a jail cell eating three meals a day, having a place to lay his head at night- a small boy is still out there somewhere. A family is still torn apart, a girl is still living a nightmare, but the sex offender can sleep easily. He can wait until Tuesday, talk with a legal team and decide whether he will ease the pain of the family whose little boy is still out there. Most likely he will be helped by at least one lawyer in creating some sort of deal with the state- offering Dylan in what ever condition he is found in exchange for a lesser sentence. He will get off easy. Because the true victims of this crime will live with it the rest of their lives. Their children will learn from it, and the pain will be passed on. Yet a man not deserving of even the air he breathes will try to con-cock a plea, will try to trick the system by offering what everyone desires most of all in this case. Dylan. For once I would like to see the government make the deal. And then shoot the pervert. Just once.