The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing.

~~~ Albert Einstein



Monday, July 11, 2005

National Sex Offender Database

On the left of my blog, you'll find a few links. One that points you to Allen County Ohio sex offenders, and one that points you to the National List. The issue I have had up till now is that you really don't hit a National Database, you just get links to all the state search pages. I have a lot of time on my hands... mostly late at night. So I don't mind going through and searching each and every state. However... wouldn't it be easier to be able to search in just one place and get results from all the states? (this is where you pipe in and yell "YES") Good, I thought so. So I am bringing you one of my new found favorite pages of all times:http://www.criminalcheck.com/

This site allows you to type in last name, or last and first name and search every state in the US. Except Rhode Island. And I don't know what that's all about. You may also search by zip code. And its free. And amazingly fast. I was able to check my strange neighbor out in just seconds. The only BUT that I have here... this is great and helpful... BUT please keep in mind not all offenders have been caught. And even some that have, are not mandated to register. We still are obligated to be extremely protective of our kids. And always remember... there are people out there that prey upon the little ones. Until our government puts OUR rights above THEIR rights- these monster will be roaming the streets. Endangering our children. We need tougher laws, and we need representatives that will uphold them, and enforce them.